On December 15, 2016, Health & Medicine hosted a discussion on investing in Chicago’s schools, asking: “What investments, beyond education, are needed to create and sustain an equitable City?” View the forum agenda here.
This conversation built on Health & Medicine’s 2014 Education and Health Equity Forum
which brought together hundreds of education and health professionals to examine the reciprocal relationship between the two fields. The event also examined public health’s role in advancing equitable, high-quality public education.
Invited speakers and presentations:
- Keynote: David Stovall, Professor, African American Studies and Educational Policy Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Ralph Martire, Executive Director, Center for Tax and Budget Accountability - View the Presentation
- Linda Rae Murray, Chief Medical Officer (Retired), Cook County Department of Public Health
About The Chicago Forum for Justice in Health Policy:
- Maxx Boykin, BYP100
- Troy LaRaviere, Chicago Principals and Administrators Association
- Jeni Hebert-Beirne, UIC School of Public Health
- Diana Arellano, Planned Parenthood
- Jadine Chou, Chicago Public Schools
- Robin Dodds, UIC Department of Disability and Human Development
Each policy forum in The Chicago Forum for Justice in Health Policy
series focuses on health reform efforts both in Illinois and in the Chicago area, including discussions of best practices from around the country.
Thank you to our co-sponsors Loyola University’s Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy and the Civitas ChildLaw Center.