On January 25, 2013, community health workers and allies convened
for an exciting, empowering, and invigorating day of speakers and breakout sessions on topics concerning the current status of CHWs in Illinois and how we can move forward together to support CHWs in improving community health.
Discussion Topics Included: CHW certification/credentialing policy development, the updated CHW curriculum for South Suburban College, the CHW Survey & Mapping Project results, SUHI’s research findings for the CHW model in healthcare settings, engaging physicians and administrators in understanding the role of CHWs, and much more!
- Segio Matos, Community Health Worker Network of NYC
- Laura Bahena, Chicago Community Health Workers Local Network
- Jamie Campbell, Sinai Urban Health Institute
- Sheila Castillo, Midwest Latino Health Research, Training, and Policy Center
- Janna Simon (Stansell), Health & Medicine Policy Research Group
- Amy Sagen, Mid-America Public Health Leadership Institute
- CHWs and Dr. Molly Martin, Chicago CHW Survey/Mapping Project
are available on the Chicago CHW Local Network website
.View Janna Simon's Power Point regarding CHW policy development data. Co-Hosted by:
The Chicago Community Health Worker Local Network, HealthConnect One, Health & Medicine Policy Research Group, UIC School of Public Health, Sinai Urban Health Institute, Center of Excellence in the Elimination of Disparities @ Chicago, Chicago Family Health Center