Health & Medicine Policy Research Group (HMPRG) is seeking a program coordinator to provide both administrative and research support for two of our major programs, i.e., the Center for Long-Term Care Reform and the Chicago Area Schweitzer Fellows Program.
HMPRG has a thirty year history as an independent non-profit health policy and advocacy center in Chicago. We are dedicated to analyzing and proposing policies that affect the poor and underserved in Chicago, Illinois, and the country.
Skills and qualifications
- Providing administrative support including creating and updating Excel spreadsheets and Access databases; preparing mail merges/mass mailings
- Designing and writing communications including newsletters, web pages, brochures and Power Point presentations
- Assisting with coordination of meetings, workshops and other events
- Assisting with annual recruitment process, including scheduling campus presentations throughout the Chicago area for prospective students and scheduling interviews of applicants
- Responding to phone and email requests for general information
- Researching and analyzing current health policy issues as assigned; synthesizing findings into graphs, charts, tables and reports.
Position available immediately. Accepting applications through July 16th, 2012.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, social policy, disability studies, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with diverse coalitions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, Power point and Outlook)
- Good writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a team
- Interest in health, social justice and policy issues
- Experience with mentoring, community work/outreach, and with underserved communities a plus
This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance and retirement. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fax or e-mail a cover letter, resume, and short (1-2 pages ONLY) writing sample to: email@example.com
. Please put “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Or you may fax your resume to Ann Duffy, Office Manager at (312) 372-2753. No phone calls, please.
Health and Medicine Policy Research Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity among our board, staff and volunteers. We recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected status.