Chicago Forum for Justice in Health Policy
Health & Medicine's signature health policy forum series examines issues of health and health systems reform and health equity, exploring how Illinois can strengthen our healthcare safety net and expand and improve care for all.
As Health & Medicine’s signature forum series, Chicago Forum
health policy discussions regularly convene health advocates, researchers, providers, academics, and students to discuss complex heath policy and practice issues. The Chicago Forum for Justice in Health Policy helps advance health reform, safety net, and public health policy and practice to focus on health and healthcare as human rights.
Successful health reform requires a strong focus on the health of the public, and this series remains a go-to conversation for cross-sector health reform and social justice conversation.
Frequently, the series involves discussions that cut across Health & Medicine project areas, such as health reform and public health, or workforce and long-term care. An archive of past forums is below and includes links to resources and speaker slides.
- Investing in Chicago’s Schools (December 15, 2016)
- Giving and Receiving Care in an Unequal World (October 7, 2016)
- Caregiving: The Politics, Ethics, and Realities of Long-Term Care (June 23, 2016)
- Ensuring the Health of People Who Are Noncitizens (April 14, 2016)
- Reforming Illinois’ Public Health Data Systems (March 4, 2016)
- Creating a New Vision for Illinois’ Budget (January 15, 2016)
- Locked out of Opportunity: Diversifying the Health Workforce (October 20, 2015)
- Improving Health by Reaching Patients in the Home (August 28, 2015)
- Austerity’s Impact on Health and reform (May 11, 2015)
- Advancing Health Workforce Reform (April 10, 2015)
- Can Reform Move us Toward Health Equity? (February 10, 2015)
- Redefining Priorities for Health Reform in a Time of Transition (January 8, 2015)
- People with Developmental Disabilities and Managed Care (October 30, 2014)
- Challenges to the Healthcare Safety Net in a Reforming Healthcare Environment (July 16, 2014)